Tuesday 8 April 2014

week thirty-nine (ahh!!)

NEWS!

I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions. My stomach turns to stone, but to my great delight, there's not even an ounce of pain. More like pressure as if I were squeezing my abs with all my might, except that I'm completely relaxed. 

Mom said it's just another good sign of things happening -- and painful things to come!

Look at this MASSIVE bump:


Ryan's parents are home from their cruise, so this baby is welcome to come any time now :) 

I've been trying to fill my days with little outings and visits with friends, like a walk to the plaza with Loraleah & Luca, a trip to Brockville with Brittany for Kim's bridal shower, and lots of coffee dates and lunches out. 



This little guy makes me excited to have one of my own :)


Oooh AND I've been drinking the tea; raspberry leaf tea from the hippy-dippy organic store. 4 cups a day to be exact! It's supposed to bring on labour, and it tastes just like green tea so it's worth a shot. 


My hospital bag is now fully packed and waiting at the foot of the bed. It includes some fun things like:
  • vitamin water
  • jelly fruit snacks
  • a new lip balm
  • a fully charged iPad
  • and a brand new pair of TOMS to walk the halls in… 
It's fun waking up and looking at the date thinking, "this could be our son's birthday!" We are both getting really excited, and it's kinda fun not knowing when it will actually happen!

Just for fun, here's my favourite photo of the week:



No comments:

Post a Comment