Friday 24 January 2014

i can feel it all coming together...

This little bought of third-trimester energy has me crossing off things on the pre-baby-to-do list :)

Things like:
  • start reading the "baby's first year" book, now that I'm done the "when you're expecting" one.
  • buy a stroller.
  • choose a carseat. 
Here's a photo of my bedside reading buddy:


Our stroller and car seat are very "top-of-the-line," and everyone seems to feel confident in our decisions, which helps :)

I couldn't contain my excitement when I got the stroller home yesterday and I immediately put it together. Hey, if a pregnant girl can assemble this thing, it deserves all 5 stars. Every time I walk downstairs I push it around a little bit haha…it reminds me of how excited I was when we bought my wedding band, knowing I couldn't wear it for a few months!

I had my 28 week ultrasound yesterday and my Mom joined me for it! I was so excited when we saw the face pop up on the screen :) Look at those chubby cheeks! 

The ultrasound tech said it looked like he was frowning because of all her poking around.


As usual, we saw the baby's feet up by his head (and he even had the toes in his mouth at one point!). Our little yoga baby.

The kicking I feel is definitely getting intense as the space becomes limited, but it's so enjoyable to feel those little arms and legs moving around all the time. Except sometimes it feels like he's kicking right on a muscle so it kind of has a spasm effect. It's not painful or even uncomfortable, but I make weird faces when it happens. 

Now that we're less than 3 months away, I feel like I need to make a massive to-do list to keep track of everything. 

I'm sure I've said this a hundred times, but I'm so thankful to not be working during this time (and not just because I can make massive sandwiches for lunch whenever I please…).


P.S. I'll leave with you this fun thought: Queen Latifah and I probably share a bra size now. At least, that's how it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment