Thursday 9 January 2014

a sneak peek at the shower invitations…!

I've been busy :)

On my business blog, I posted about how I was struggling to make the transition between 2013 and 2014, and apparently all I needed to do was admit this and put it into words -- because my days have been bright and productive ever since!

It helps that my sickness is 99% out the door (the 1% being a little cough that only really comes out at night).

Firstly, I found the perfect crib bedding! It will be about 3 weeks before they're in my arms but I have time :)

And secondly, I've finished the baby shower invitations! They're all bundled up and waiting for the mailbox today…eeeee!!!

These two items are certainly related because the pattern I chose for the bedding became my inspiration for the invitation suite, and now I feel like I have a concrete colour scheme for the nursery. It all kind of fell into my lap and I'm thrilled. PLUS, like I've said before, it's bright & cheery which will make a certain member of my household very happy!

Take a look at the fabric:


And here's a little sneak peek at the design I made in Illustrator for the invitations…!


I took some pretty photographs of the finished invitations today before packing them up, and I'll share those once I am certain everyone has received theirs in the mail. Because there's nothing better than surprise snail mail!!!

I am off to a great start when it comes to achieving balance in 2014 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment