Friday 13 September 2013

the nursery is in the works...!


The nursery project has officially STARTED!!

Thankfully, I've been pinning ideas to my secret baby board for months now, so I have a ton of inspiration coming in the form of wall colours, prints and frames, baby shower invitation ideas, etc. 


Everything started when I found this one particular print of a vintage carnival...I just thought it would be a perfect starter piece for planning a little girl's room. 

Not that we have any idea whether the baby is a boy or a girl -- but we'll find out soon enough!!


Since I found that print, the carnival // hot air balloon // pastel theme has kept me SO excited. I really wanted to start working on the nursery early so that I could putter with it for the next 7ish months!


And on a TOTAL whim, Brittany and I started painting on Wednesday night. Around 4pm, I texted Britt to see if she'd be up for getting messy in the nursery. She was SO game, so I picked up the grey paint and we finished the first coat that night. 


I'm obsessed with how light and airy the room looked the morning after -- and I've decided to change that one turquoise wall to something a little lighter, and a little more mint-green. It would go perfectly for a nautical boy's room, or my carnival girl's room. 

We will need one more coat for sure, and then I can start on painting the inside of the closet (because let's face it, 4 paint colours in one room is too many.)


Just a taste of the instagram inspiration I've been collection too...


And other than the exciting nursery progress, not a lot has really been going on! I've been SOOOOO tired lately, and on average I'd say I'm napping for about 3 hours a day. Luckily, I have found the perfect napping buddy, who happens to like being under the covers just as much as me.


Coming up on 10 weeks soon!! And my second doctor's appointment is in a few days, but I think it's only the "prenatal counselling" appointment, and I doubt we'll do anything fun like hear the heartbeat or whatnot. 

All in due time!


P.S... We're finding it fun to imagine having extremely fashionable children.


P.P.S. I'm way too excited for Loraleah's baby shower on Sunday...EEEEEEE!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment