Friday 9 August 2013

pregnant. one to two weeks.



A LETTER TO BABY
AUGUST 8, 2013 
Wow. 

Today is the day that your dad and I found out about you...

It's August 8th, a beautiful and sunny morning, about 28 degrees, and we are overjoyed. And I'm using that term lightly!

We are OVERJOYED!

This morning, I took a pregnancy test, just for kicks...even after proclaiming last night that I don't feel the least bit pregnant. But your dad said he just "had a feeling."

As I took the test, it really didn't feel different than any of the other tests, minus the result. I sat on the edge of the tub and played with the dog while that little hour glass rocked back and forth on the digital screen. 

Pregnant. 1-2 weeks. 

My eyes almost popped out of my head and with a look of sheer surprise on my face, I carried it over to show your dad. I tapp

ed him on the back, he saw the test, he looked into my eyes, and we jumped on the bed. 

PREGNANT! 1-2 WEEKS!

Little baby, we are just so excited about your arrival, you don't even know. 

I'm going to tell you some of the bizarre occurrences within the first couple hours of this news:

I immediately cleaned the kitchen. 
Because I didn't want you to think I was a messy mom. 

Your dad couldn't get the huge smile off his face, and literally told the first person he saw that morning about you. 

I drove a little slower than I usually do. Because you are with me. 

Your dad texted me every 20-30 minutes or so, saying things like: BABE! YOU'RE PREGNANT! BAAAAAAABE! (Just so I didn't forget.)

Your dad almost told the receptionist
 at work about you...he was THAT excited. 

I downloaded every pregnancy app out there, 
trying to find out my due date.

And I immediately started thinking about ways to tell our favourite people about your existence. Cute cards? Styled photos? So many things to decide!

I had the urge to buy a pair of little baby shoes
...within about 20 minutes after the positive pregnancy test.

This is the start of a new chapter, little baby! Everything in our lives will change because of you...and I just never want to forget August 8th and how much joy you gave us on this day. 

The crazy part is that I know it won't compare to the joy you're about to give us in the future...but for right now, it's the biggest deal in the world

love, 
mom!


P.S...you're the size of a poppyseed according to my favourite of the downloaded apps. Just so you know ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment